JUNO BEACH, Fla. (June 7, 2023) — Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) graduated seven startup companies from 35 Mules – the first in-house innovation hub powered by a global energy leader, NextEra Energy.
During the 15-month program, the startups have raised over $9 million in grant funding and venture capital, developed minimum viable products, full-scale pilot programs and expanded their teams.
The graduating startups include:
- Abilitare, providing hands-free access to computers and smartphones to empower those with hand disabilities.
- Bond Energy, working to commercialize and scale lithium extraction from seawater.
- Digital Twin Marine Inc., creating customized 3D virtual replicas of ships – similar to Google Street View but for the maritime industry.
- Intelfuse, revolutionizing the management of vegetation near infrastructure through 3D data and LiDAR technology.
- Revterra, developing a modular kinetic battery to power electric vehicle charging stations and larger grid-scale applications.
- Sensatek Propulsion Technology Inc., providing autonomous monitoring of industrial systems using artificial intelligence.
- SMG Delivering Data, using manned pilots and drones to collect ultra-high-resolution datasets and turning physical assets into digital models.
The program helps entrepreneurs grow and scale their innovative, technologically driven companies, further supporting the state’s economic growth and building its business ecosystem. The program offers entrepreneurs access to NextEra Energy subject-matter experts, entrepreneurial and leadership coaching, a $100,000 no-equity cash grant and more.
Florida Power & Light Company
As America’s largest electric utility, Florida Power & Light Company serves more customers and sells more power than any other utility, providing clean, affordable, reliable electricity to approximately 5.8 million accounts, or more than 12 million people. FPL operates one of the most fuel efficient and cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S and in 2022 won the ReliabilityOne® National Reliability Award for the seventh time in the last eight years. The company was also recognized by Escalent in 2022 as one of the most trusted U.S. electric utilities for the ninth consecutive year. FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2023 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” and recognized on Fortune’s 2021 list of companies that “Change the World.” NextEra Energy is also the parent company of NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. For more information about NextEra Energy companies, visit these websites: www.NextEraEnergy.com, www.FPL.com, www.NextEraEnergyResources.com.