In this section of the NextEra Energy Newsroom, you'll find news releases for NextEra Energy, NextEra Energy Resources, and Florida Power & Light. The releases are listed in chronological order and are archived by year.
Sep 19, 2017
- Crews remain focused on restoring individual outages that require additional attention and extensive manual labor
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to nearly all of its 4.4 million customers, or nearly 99 percent, impacted by Hurricane Irma. "As we have said from the...
Sep 18, 2017
- Crews working on neighborhoods in hardest-hit areas and individual homes
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to more than 4.3 million customers, or more than 97 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma....
Sep 17, 2017
- FPL on track to have majority of eastern counties at least 95 percent restored tonight
Florida Power & Light Company continues aggressively working to restore power to the remaining customers who are still without power as a result of Hurricane Irma. The company has restored power...
Sep 16, 2017
- Palm Beach, Indian River, Martin, St. Lucie and Union counties are 95 percent or higher restored; Duval, Hardee, Orange and Osceola counties are 100 percent restored
Florida Power & Light Company is working aggressively to restore power to the remaining customers affected by Hurricane Irma, and as of this evening, fewer than 500,000 people remain without...
Sep 15, 2017
- After completing a full assessment of FPL's 74,000 miles of power lines and 601 substations, estimated times to restore have been further refined
Thousands of restoration personnel continue working around the clock to restore the remaining customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) without power due to Hurricane Irma. With most major...