Sep 13, 2017
- Restoration operation now counts more than 21,500 personnel
As of 8 p.m., Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is reporting that electric service has been restored to more than 2.7 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in the first 48 hours since the...
Sep 11, 2017
- In total, FPL estimates more than 5 million outages from Irma, which includes customers who may have experienced more than one outage
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has launched a massive effort to restore power to the approximately 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma, some of whom may have experienced multiple...
Sep 10, 2017
- FPL cautions its customers that full restoration efforts will not begin until tomorrow given Irma's movement has slowed considerably; as a result, customers should plan for significantly prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has already restored power to hundreds of thousands of customers as Hurricane Irma continues to move through the state and the company expects additional,...
Sep 9, 2017
- FPL expects millions of customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize safety preparations and prepare for widespread and prolonged power outages, as powerful Hurricane Irma is forecast to make...
Sep 8, 2017
- FPL is anticipating widespread damage throughout the service territory with significant impacts to the most densely populated areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that based upon the current forecast path, intensity and FPL's historical modeling, the company anticipates that approximately 4.1 million...