Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...
Jan 8, 2018
- Four new solar power plants began powering FPL customers on Jan. 1, and four more new solar plants on track to enter service by March 1
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest major milestones in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the retirement of one of Florida's largest...