Nov 16, 2017
- FPL one of only two companies to receive the distinguished AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that the company has been awarded the prestigious AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies (AEIC) for a...
Nov 15, 2017
-This new partnership aims to transform thousands of acres of solar-generating property into thriving sanctuaries with dedicated conservation areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) and Audubon Florida today announced an innovative new partnership to enhance FPL's solar power plant sites with unprecedented environmental stewardship,...
Nov 13, 2017
- One thousand poles moved from North Florida to Port Canaveral for shipment to San Juan.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it mobilized and transported 1,000 power line poles, previously located in North Florida, to Port Canaveral and then to Puerto Rico to...
Nov 9, 2017
With less than a week before the Sunshine State heralds the season that brings Florida's favorite marine mammal migrating through state waterways, Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center™...
Oct 31, 2017
More than 300 FPL employees and contractors traveling to Maine and Connecticut
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 300 of its employees and contractors are traveling to New England to help restore power in areas impacted by Sunday night's damaging...
Oct 19, 2017
- So far this year, FPL has added more than 1.25 million solar panels across eight new plants under construction
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it has installed more than half of the 2.5 million solar panels that will comprise eight new solar power plants powering its customers by early...
Sep 22, 2017
- FPL thanks its customers for their patience and understanding
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that service has been restored to essentially all of its 4.4 million customers who were impacted by Hurricane Irma 10 days after the massive...
Sep 20, 2017
- FPL restores service to more than 99 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) tonight announced that more than 11,000 workers continue restoring service in the hardest-hit areas of Southwest Florida. The company has restored service to...
Sep 19, 2017
- Crews remain focused on restoring individual outages that require additional attention and extensive manual labor
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to nearly all of its 4.4 million customers, or nearly 99 percent, impacted by Hurricane Irma. "As we have said from the...
Sep 18, 2017
- Crews working on neighborhoods in hardest-hit areas and individual homes
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to more than 4.3 million customers, or more than 97 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma....
Sep 17, 2017
- FPL on track to have majority of eastern counties at least 95 percent restored tonight
Florida Power & Light Company continues aggressively working to restore power to the remaining customers who are still without power as a result of Hurricane Irma. The company has restored power...
Sep 16, 2017
- Palm Beach, Indian River, Martin, St. Lucie and Union counties are 95 percent or higher restored; Duval, Hardee, Orange and Osceola counties are 100 percent restored
Florida Power & Light Company is working aggressively to restore power to the remaining customers affected by Hurricane Irma, and as of this evening, fewer than 500,000 people remain without...
Sep 15, 2017
- After completing a full assessment of FPL's 74,000 miles of power lines and 601 substations, estimated times to restore have been further refined
Thousands of restoration personnel continue working around the clock to restore the remaining customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) without power due to Hurricane Irma. With most major...
Sep 15, 2017
- Power restored to more than 77 percent of customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)'s massive restoration army of more than 22,000 personnel continues working around the clock to restore power to the remaining 23 percent of customers impacted...
Sep 14, 2017
- All 6,897 miles of transmission lines and all 601 substations are back in service
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that power has been restored to more than 97 percent of high-priority critical infrastructure facilities in the company's service area,...
Sep 14, 2017
- More than 21,500 personnel diligently working to restore 1.4 million remaining without power
In the early morning hours today, the massive restoration operation across Florida Power & Light Company's 35-county service area in response to Hurricane Irma surpassed 3 million customers...
Sep 13, 2017
- Restoration operation now counts more than 21,500 personnel
As of 8 p.m., Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is reporting that electric service has been restored to more than 2.7 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in the first 48 hours since the...
Sep 11, 2017
- In total, FPL estimates more than 5 million outages from Irma, which includes customers who may have experienced more than one outage
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has launched a massive effort to restore power to the approximately 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma, some of whom may have experienced multiple...
Sep 10, 2017
- FPL cautions its customers that full restoration efforts will not begin until tomorrow given Irma's movement has slowed considerably; as a result, customers should plan for significantly prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has already restored power to hundreds of thousands of customers as Hurricane Irma continues to move through the state and the company expects additional,...
Sep 9, 2017
- FPL expects millions of customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize safety preparations and prepare for widespread and prolonged power outages, as powerful Hurricane Irma is forecast to make...
Sep 8, 2017
- FPL is anticipating widespread damage throughout the service territory with significant impacts to the most densely populated areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that based upon the current forecast path, intensity and FPL's historical modeling, the company anticipates that approximately 4.1 million...
Sep 7, 2017
- FPL is pre-positioning workers and related equipment in the areas most likely to be hardest hit and working to secure additional resources
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that they have mobilized a restoration workforce of more than 11,000 employees and contractors in preparation for the landfall of Hurricane...
Sep 6, 2017
- FPL continues to closely monitor Irma and has activated its emergency response plan
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is mobilizing thousands of workers and related equipment in preparation for the impact of Hurricane Irma and is urging customers to...
Sep 5, 2017
- FPL is maintaining a 24-hour watch on the storm's path, has activated its storm plan and is mobilizing workers and equipment
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Irma and preparing to respond safely and as quickly as possible should the storm impact its...
Jul 24, 2017
Continued dedication to protecting the environment results in highest industry honor for second time in company history
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has been recognized by the Southeastern Electric Exchange (SEE) with its Chairman's Award for the company's response to numerous...
Jul 10, 2017
-- Three new universal solar energy centers in Indian River and St. Lucie counties will cost-effectively generate clean, emissions-free energy for customers starting early next year
Florida Power & Light Company today installed the first of nearly 1 million new solar panels along the Treasure Coast at the future FPL Blue Cypress Solar Energy Center in Indian River County. The...
Jun 30, 2017
Customers rank Florida Power & Light Company as the state's most trusted electric provider
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it was named among the 2017 Most Trusted Brands, according to a nationwide study conducted by Cogent Reports™, a division of Market Strategies...
Jun 19, 2017
View your energy usage and projected bill so that you can make adjustments prior to receiving your final bill
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has launched a new mobile app that enables customers to manage their account with a tap of a finger. Just in time to beat the heat this...
Jun 15, 2017
In recognition of National Safety Month, FPL urges customers to stay safe around electricity to prevent injuries and fires
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) wants you to be safe every day, especially when dealing with electricity. In recognition of National Safety Month, FPL is providing 12 tips to help customers...
Jun 14, 2017
- More than 2.5 million solar panels are being installed across eight new 74.5-megawatt solar power plants by early 2018 - one of the largest solar expansions ever in the eastern U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that construction is underway on its next eight solar power plants, continuing one of the largest solar expansions ever in the eastern U.S. The new...
May 26, 2017
Company deployed 26 "mini-cities" across the state during last year's Hurricane Matthew to speed restoration efforts
As part of its storm season preparations, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) hosted a week-long "staging site" training at the Pompano Park Racetrack in Pompano Beach, Fla. More than 1,200...
May 22, 2017
- Closure of co-owned St. Johns River Power Park will save FPL customers an estimated $183 million and prevent more than 5.6 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today filed a petition with the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) for approval to shut down the St. Johns River Power Park (SJRPP) at the end of this...
Apr 20, 2017
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has been recognized as a 2017 Environmental Champion among the nation's largest electric and gas utilities. FPL earned the designation as the result of a...
Apr 10, 2017
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has been recognized by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI) with its 2017 National Key Accounts Award for Outstanding Customer Service...
Apr 6, 2017
- New partnership aims to link veterans with job opportunities at FPL solar construction sites and other solar-related jobs in Florida, as well as cutting-edge training at Indian River State College
Florida Power & Light Company, Veterans Florida and numerous advocacy organizations and businesses today announced a new partnership designed to link U.S. military veterans with careers in solar...
Apr 3, 2017
-Solar plans growing - now totaling nearly 2,100 megawatts in development
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that it now expects to add a total of nearly 2,100 megawatts of new solar across Florida in the next seven years, including approximately 600...
Mar 23, 2017
Customers experienced fewer and shorter interruptions of service, and fewer momentaries or flickers
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continued to pay dividends for its customers in 2016, based on performance data filed...
Mar 15, 2017
- The firms will each build four of the eight new solar power plants FPL is planning for the next 12 months
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that it has selected Blattner Energy and Black & Veatch – two of the nation's premiere providers of renewable energy engineering, procurement and...
Mar 14, 2017
Energy workers from across Florida to travel more than 1,000 miles to Long Island, NY
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is deploying 320 employees and contractors to New York in support of power restoration activity as a Nor'easter continues to impact the Mid-Atlantic and New...
Mar 1, 2017
- New solar energy centers to be built across Florida by early 2018
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of its 2017 and 2018 universal solar projects, consisting of eight new 74.5-megawatt solar power plants that will be built...
Feb 20, 2017
- Expanding on its recently announced plan to build four new universal solar power plants this year, FPL is now effectively doubling its near-term commitment - bringing more solar energy to its customers sooner
Florida Power & Light Company, the largest generator of solar energy in Florida, today announced the expansion of its near-term plans for new universal solar generation. FPL now plans to build new...
Jan 31, 2017
Celebrate Manatee Lagoon's first anniversary with a weekend full of free family fun on Feb. 4 and 5!
Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery CenterTM will celebrate its first anniversary with an exciting line up of free, fun-filled family events over the Feb. 4-5 weekend. The facility opened in...
Jan 27, 2017
Take action today to manage your heating costs and stay safe and warm this winter
Mild Florida winters normally bring an opportunity to don a favorite sweater or open windows to enjoy the crisp air. When a cold snap hits, what comes as a surprise to many is that heating your...
Jan 13, 2017
-- Completed on time and under budget, the three new 74.5-MW universal solar power plants officially began generating power for all FPL customers on Dec. 31, 2016
Florida Power & Light Company, the largest generator of solar energy in Florida, today announced that it plans to build on the successful completion of its latest solar energy centers with even...
Jan 11, 2017
Edison Electric Institute recognized FPL for leadership in restoring power safely and quickly, and assisting neighbor utility during 2016 hurricane season
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it has received Edison Electric Institute's (EEI) "Emergency Recovery" and "Emergency Assistance" awards for its outstanding restoration efforts...
Jan 10, 2017
Jan 10, 2017 JUNO BEACH, Fla. -- Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is accepting applications for its annual $20,000 STEM education college scholarship. The scholarship...
Dec 21, 2016
- Shutting down the plant will prevent nearly 1 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions annually
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced plans to formally retire the Cedar Bay Generating Plant, a 250-megawatt coal-fired facility located in Jacksonville, Fla., on Dec. 31, 2016. FPL...
Dec 8, 2016
Awards help mark end of 2016 hurricane season and highlight how FPL's continued investments to build a stronger, smarter grid delivered benefits for customers
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it received Davies Consulting's "Communications Excellence" and "Most Innovative Practice" awards for its leadership in emergency response,...
Nov 29, 2016
- Among the most affordable in the state and nation, FPL's typical customer bill has decreased over the past 10 years and is expected to remain lower than 2006 levels for several more years
The Florida Public Service Commission today unanimously approved a comprehensive four-year rate settlement agreement developed jointly by Florida Power & Light Company, the state's Office of...
Nov 17, 2016
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to national recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has been named the winner of the 2016 ReliabilityOne™ National Reliability Excellence Award by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...