Jul 10, 2018
- FPL to issue customer bill credits during the month of August totaling approximately $28 million - Refund equates to about $3 per 1,000 kWh for residential customers; refunds will also be issued...
Jun 7, 2018
The company also received an award for its restoration efforts after a nor'easter and Tropical Storm Philippe impacted Maine in October 2017
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) presented Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) with the association's special "2018 Emergency Assistance Award for Puerto Rico Power Restoration" for its...
Jun 5, 2018
- FPL and the City working toward completing the purchase on Oct. 1, 2018
The Florida Public Service Commission today approved Florida Power & Light Company's proposed purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility, marking the final step in a nearly decade-long...
May 3, 2018
Company highlights state-of-the-art technology and lessons learned from 2017; urges customers to plan ahead for upcoming hurricane season
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today tested the response of more than 3,000 employees to a hypothetical storm with similar characteristics to that of Hurricane Wilma, which struck the state...
Apr 19, 2018
− Cutting-edge technology and innovative design ensures reliable power for thousands of customers in downtown Miami; new facility supports area's continued growth
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today unveiled its new Brickell Substation, the largest enclosed substation in FPL's 27,000-square-mile service area, which will enhance the reliability of the...
Apr 3, 2018
- More than 120 return home after helping restore power to fellow American citizens in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria and Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced the homecoming of more than 120 company lineworkers, management and support staff following a three-month mutual assistance deployment to Puerto...
Mar 30, 2018
Two global solar energy leaders, U.S.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) and China-based JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS), today announced one of the largest solar panel supply deals...
Mar 22, 2018
-Day-to-day, the average amount of time a customer experienced an outage was less than ever before
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continue to pay dividends for its nearly 5 million customers, ranking it among the best...
Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...
Mar 1, 2018
-FPL's latest solar investments began powering its customers today, bringing the total number of FPL solar power plants in operation across Florida to 14
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest milestone in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the opening of its four newest solar power plants. At...
Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...
Jan 8, 2018
- Four new solar power plants began powering FPL customers on Jan. 1, and four more new solar plants on track to enter service by March 1
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest major milestones in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the retirement of one of Florida's largest...
Dec 28, 2017
− 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff will travel to the island in early January, joining a new wave of support from other investor-owned electric utilities from across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 company lineworkers and support staff will travel to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria. Hundreds of...
Dec 11, 2017
- FPL providing one of seven Incident Management Teams from across the U.S. electric power industry to assist with ensuring coordinated and balanced restoration across Puerto Rico
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that a 10-person team of restoration experts traveled to Puerto Rico this past weekend to support ongoing restoration efforts across the...
Nov 30, 2017
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) was named the winner of the 2017 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Southeast U.S. by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...
Nov 16, 2017
- FPL one of only two companies to receive the distinguished AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that the company has been awarded the prestigious AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies (AEIC) for a...
Nov 15, 2017
-This new partnership aims to transform thousands of acres of solar-generating property into thriving sanctuaries with dedicated conservation areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) and Audubon Florida today announced an innovative new partnership to enhance FPL's solar power plant sites with unprecedented environmental stewardship,...
Nov 13, 2017
- One thousand poles moved from North Florida to Port Canaveral for shipment to San Juan.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it mobilized and transported 1,000 power line poles, previously located in North Florida, to Port Canaveral and then to Puerto Rico to...
Nov 9, 2017
With less than a week before the Sunshine State heralds the season that brings Florida's favorite marine mammal migrating through state waterways, Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center™...
Oct 31, 2017
More than 300 FPL employees and contractors traveling to Maine and Connecticut
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 300 of its employees and contractors are traveling to New England to help restore power in areas impacted by Sunday night's damaging...
Oct 19, 2017
- So far this year, FPL has added more than 1.25 million solar panels across eight new plants under construction
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it has installed more than half of the 2.5 million solar panels that will comprise eight new solar power plants powering its customers by early...
Sep 22, 2017
- FPL thanks its customers for their patience and understanding
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that service has been restored to essentially all of its 4.4 million customers who were impacted by Hurricane Irma 10 days after the massive...