Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...
Mar 1, 2018
-FPL's latest solar investments began powering its customers today, bringing the total number of FPL solar power plants in operation across Florida to 14
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest milestone in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the opening of its four newest solar power plants. At...
Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...
Jan 8, 2018
- Four new solar power plants began powering FPL customers on Jan. 1, and four more new solar plants on track to enter service by March 1
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest major milestones in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the retirement of one of Florida's largest...
Dec 28, 2017
− 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff will travel to the island in early January, joining a new wave of support from other investor-owned electric utilities from across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 company lineworkers and support staff will travel to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria. Hundreds of...
Dec 11, 2017
- FPL providing one of seven Incident Management Teams from across the U.S. electric power industry to assist with ensuring coordinated and balanced restoration across Puerto Rico
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that a 10-person team of restoration experts traveled to Puerto Rico this past weekend to support ongoing restoration efforts across the...
Nov 30, 2017
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) was named the winner of the 2017 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Southeast U.S. by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...