Oct 11, 2018
Team of more than 1,000 FPL employees and contractors to help restore power and assist with search and rescue
Oct 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 1,000 of its employees and contractors will help restore power to communities in Florida, Georgia and...
Oct 9, 2018
FPL is pre-positioning over 1,350 employees and contractors, who will be ready to restore power to affected customers
Oct 9, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is ready to respond safely and as quickly as possible should Hurricane Michael impact its customers...
Sep 24, 2018
Sep 24, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company crews recently returned to Florida after restoring power to thousands of energy customers that were impacted by Hurricane Florence....
Sep 11, 2018
More than 500 FPL restoration resources, both employees and contractors, traveling to the Carolinas
Sep 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 500 of its employees and contractors are traveling to the Carolinas to help restore power to the...
Sep 11, 2018
Más de 500 recursos de restablecimiento, tanto empleados como contratistas, viajan a las Carolinas
Sep 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company anunció hoy que más de 500 de sus empleados y contratistas están en rumbo hacia las Carolinas para ayudar a restablecer el...
Jul 31, 2018
- Another 1.2 million solar panels will begin serving FPL customers by early 2019
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the start of construction of its four newest solar power plants, continuing to build on the success of its affordable clean energy strategy that has...
Jul 10, 2018
- FPL to issue customer bill credits during the month of August totaling approximately $28 million - Refund equates to about $3 per 1,000 kWh for residential customers; refunds will also be issued...
Jun 7, 2018
The company also received an award for its restoration efforts after a nor'easter and Tropical Storm Philippe impacted Maine in October 2017
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) presented Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) with the association's special "2018 Emergency Assistance Award for Puerto Rico Power Restoration" for its...
Jun 5, 2018
- FPL and the City working toward completing the purchase on Oct. 1, 2018
The Florida Public Service Commission today approved Florida Power & Light Company's proposed purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility, marking the final step in a nearly decade-long...
May 3, 2018
Company highlights state-of-the-art technology and lessons learned from 2017; urges customers to plan ahead for upcoming hurricane season
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today tested the response of more than 3,000 employees to a hypothetical storm with similar characteristics to that of Hurricane Wilma, which struck the state...
Apr 19, 2018
− Cutting-edge technology and innovative design ensures reliable power for thousands of customers in downtown Miami; new facility supports area's continued growth
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today unveiled its new Brickell Substation, the largest enclosed substation in FPL's 27,000-square-mile service area, which will enhance the reliability of the...
Apr 3, 2018
- More than 120 return home after helping restore power to fellow American citizens in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria and Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced the homecoming of more than 120 company lineworkers, management and support staff following a three-month mutual assistance deployment to Puerto...
Mar 30, 2018
Two global solar energy leaders, U.S.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) and China-based JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS), today announced one of the largest solar panel supply deals...
Mar 22, 2018
-Day-to-day, the average amount of time a customer experienced an outage was less than ever before
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continue to pay dividends for its nearly 5 million customers, ranking it among the best...
Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...
Mar 1, 2018
-FPL's latest solar investments began powering its customers today, bringing the total number of FPL solar power plants in operation across Florida to 14
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest milestone in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the opening of its four newest solar power plants. At...
Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...
Jan 8, 2018
- Four new solar power plants began powering FPL customers on Jan. 1, and four more new solar plants on track to enter service by March 1
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest major milestones in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the retirement of one of Florida's largest...
Dec 28, 2017
− 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff will travel to the island in early January, joining a new wave of support from other investor-owned electric utilities from across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 company lineworkers and support staff will travel to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria. Hundreds of...
Dec 11, 2017
- FPL providing one of seven Incident Management Teams from across the U.S. electric power industry to assist with ensuring coordinated and balanced restoration across Puerto Rico
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that a 10-person team of restoration experts traveled to Puerto Rico this past weekend to support ongoing restoration efforts across the...
Nov 30, 2017
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) was named the winner of the 2017 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Southeast U.S. by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...
Nov 16, 2017
- FPL one of only two companies to receive the distinguished AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that the company has been awarded the prestigious AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies (AEIC) for a...