Mar 28, 2019
- Innovative modernization plan will replace a pair of aging natural gas power generating units with clean and renewable energy, saving FPL customers more than $100 million while eliminating more than 1 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions
Florida Power & Light Company, one of the nation's cleanest energy companies, today announced a plan to build the world's largest solar-powered battery system – four times the capacity of the...
Mar 13, 2019
- FPL SolarTogether, subject to approval by the Florida Public Service Commission, would allow customers to directly support the expansion of solar energy in Florida and receive credit on their bills for the savings generated
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today filed a proposal with the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) for a new community solar program that would offer FPL customers the opportunity to...
Mar 4, 2019
- Installation of more than 1 million solar panels included as part of FPL's plan to add 30 million more solar panels by 2030
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced plans to build four new solar power plants this year that are expected to begin powering customers in early 2020: FPL Okeechobee Solar Energy...
Jan 31, 2019
- New solar power plants in North, Central and South Florida begin powering FPL customers today, for a total of 18 FPL solar power plants in commercial operation across Florida
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the start of operations at its four newest solar power plants, building on the company's successful strategy of advancing affordable clean energy –...
Jan 28, 2019
- FPL has 18 solar power plants in operation or nearly complete - and recently announced plans to add more than 30 million solar panels across more than 100 new solar plants by 2030
Florida Power & Light Company's solar power plants achieved a major new milestone – generating more than 1,000 megawatts of energy from the sun. FPL has 14 solar plants in commercial operation...
Jan 16, 2019
-- FPL is leveraging its leadership position in clean energy to become America's largest producer of solar energy among electric companies and further advance affordable, clean and reliable energy for all Floridians
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), already a leader in solar energy, today announced a groundbreaking "30-by-30" plan to install more than 30 million solar panels by 2030 and make the state of...
Dec 17, 2018
- FPL's purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric system completed today
Florida Power & Light Company today welcomed approximately 35,000 new customers as it completed the purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility. Following nearly a decade of work, the...
Oct 11, 2018
Team of more than 1,000 FPL employees and contractors to help restore power and assist with search and rescue
Oct 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 1,000 of its employees and contractors will help restore power to communities in Florida, Georgia and...
Oct 9, 2018
FPL is pre-positioning over 1,350 employees and contractors, who will be ready to restore power to affected customers
Oct 9, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is ready to respond safely and as quickly as possible should Hurricane Michael impact its customers...
Sep 24, 2018
Sep 24, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company crews recently returned to Florida after restoring power to thousands of energy customers that were impacted by Hurricane Florence....
Sep 11, 2018
More than 500 FPL restoration resources, both employees and contractors, traveling to the Carolinas
Sep 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 500 of its employees and contractors are traveling to the Carolinas to help restore power to the...
Sep 11, 2018
Más de 500 recursos de restablecimiento, tanto empleados como contratistas, viajan a las Carolinas
Sep 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company anunció hoy que más de 500 de sus empleados y contratistas están en rumbo hacia las Carolinas para ayudar a restablecer el...
Jul 31, 2018
- Another 1.2 million solar panels will begin serving FPL customers by early 2019
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the start of construction of its four newest solar power plants, continuing to build on the success of its affordable clean energy strategy that has...
Jul 10, 2018
- FPL to issue customer bill credits during the month of August totaling approximately $28 million - Refund equates to about $3 per 1,000 kWh for residential customers; refunds will also be issued...
Jun 7, 2018
The company also received an award for its restoration efforts after a nor'easter and Tropical Storm Philippe impacted Maine in October 2017
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) presented Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) with the association's special "2018 Emergency Assistance Award for Puerto Rico Power Restoration" for its...
Jun 5, 2018
- FPL and the City working toward completing the purchase on Oct. 1, 2018
The Florida Public Service Commission today approved Florida Power & Light Company's proposed purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility, marking the final step in a nearly decade-long...
May 3, 2018
Company highlights state-of-the-art technology and lessons learned from 2017; urges customers to plan ahead for upcoming hurricane season
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today tested the response of more than 3,000 employees to a hypothetical storm with similar characteristics to that of Hurricane Wilma, which struck the state...
Apr 19, 2018
− Cutting-edge technology and innovative design ensures reliable power for thousands of customers in downtown Miami; new facility supports area's continued growth
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today unveiled its new Brickell Substation, the largest enclosed substation in FPL's 27,000-square-mile service area, which will enhance the reliability of the...
Apr 3, 2018
- More than 120 return home after helping restore power to fellow American citizens in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria and Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced the homecoming of more than 120 company lineworkers, management and support staff following a three-month mutual assistance deployment to Puerto...
Mar 30, 2018
Two global solar energy leaders, U.S.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) and China-based JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS), today announced one of the largest solar panel supply deals...
Mar 22, 2018
-Day-to-day, the average amount of time a customer experienced an outage was less than ever before
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continue to pay dividends for its nearly 5 million customers, ranking it among the best...
Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...
Mar 1, 2018
-FPL's latest solar investments began powering its customers today, bringing the total number of FPL solar power plants in operation across Florida to 14
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest milestone in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the opening of its four newest solar power plants. At...
Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...