Nov 30, 2017
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) was named the winner of the 2017 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Southeast U.S. by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...
Nov 16, 2017
- FPL one of only two companies to receive the distinguished AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that the company has been awarded the prestigious AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies (AEIC) for a...
Nov 15, 2017
-This new partnership aims to transform thousands of acres of solar-generating property into thriving sanctuaries with dedicated conservation areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) and Audubon Florida today announced an innovative new partnership to enhance FPL's solar power plant sites with unprecedented environmental stewardship,...
Nov 13, 2017
- One thousand poles moved from North Florida to Port Canaveral for shipment to San Juan.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it mobilized and transported 1,000 power line poles, previously located in North Florida, to Port Canaveral and then to Puerto Rico to...
Nov 9, 2017
With less than a week before the Sunshine State heralds the season that brings Florida's favorite marine mammal migrating through state waterways, Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center™...
Oct 31, 2017
More than 300 FPL employees and contractors traveling to Maine and Connecticut
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 300 of its employees and contractors are traveling to New England to help restore power in areas impacted by Sunday night's damaging...
Oct 19, 2017
- So far this year, FPL has added more than 1.25 million solar panels across eight new plants under construction
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it has installed more than half of the 2.5 million solar panels that will comprise eight new solar power plants powering its customers by early...
Sep 22, 2017
- FPL thanks its customers for their patience and understanding
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that service has been restored to essentially all of its 4.4 million customers who were impacted by Hurricane Irma 10 days after the massive...
Sep 20, 2017
- FPL restores service to more than 99 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) tonight announced that more than 11,000 workers continue restoring service in the hardest-hit areas of Southwest Florida. The company has restored service to...
Sep 19, 2017
- Crews remain focused on restoring individual outages that require additional attention and extensive manual labor
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to nearly all of its 4.4 million customers, or nearly 99 percent, impacted by Hurricane Irma. "As we have said from the...
Sep 18, 2017
- Crews working on neighborhoods in hardest-hit areas and individual homes
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to more than 4.3 million customers, or more than 97 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma....
Sep 17, 2017
- FPL on track to have majority of eastern counties at least 95 percent restored tonight
Florida Power & Light Company continues aggressively working to restore power to the remaining customers who are still without power as a result of Hurricane Irma. The company has restored power...
Sep 16, 2017
- Palm Beach, Indian River, Martin, St. Lucie and Union counties are 95 percent or higher restored; Duval, Hardee, Orange and Osceola counties are 100 percent restored
Florida Power & Light Company is working aggressively to restore power to the remaining customers affected by Hurricane Irma, and as of this evening, fewer than 500,000 people remain without...
Sep 15, 2017
- After completing a full assessment of FPL's 74,000 miles of power lines and 601 substations, estimated times to restore have been further refined
Thousands of restoration personnel continue working around the clock to restore the remaining customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) without power due to Hurricane Irma. With most major...
Sep 15, 2017
- Power restored to more than 77 percent of customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)'s massive restoration army of more than 22,000 personnel continues working around the clock to restore power to the remaining 23 percent of customers impacted...
Sep 14, 2017
- All 6,897 miles of transmission lines and all 601 substations are back in service
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that power has been restored to more than 97 percent of high-priority critical infrastructure facilities in the company's service area,...
Sep 14, 2017
- More than 21,500 personnel diligently working to restore 1.4 million remaining without power
In the early morning hours today, the massive restoration operation across Florida Power & Light Company's 35-county service area in response to Hurricane Irma surpassed 3 million customers...
Sep 13, 2017
- Restoration operation now counts more than 21,500 personnel
As of 8 p.m., Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is reporting that electric service has been restored to more than 2.7 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in the first 48 hours since the...
Sep 11, 2017
- In total, FPL estimates more than 5 million outages from Irma, which includes customers who may have experienced more than one outage
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has launched a massive effort to restore power to the approximately 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma, some of whom may have experienced multiple...
Sep 10, 2017
- FPL cautions its customers that full restoration efforts will not begin until tomorrow given Irma's movement has slowed considerably; as a result, customers should plan for significantly prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has already restored power to hundreds of thousands of customers as Hurricane Irma continues to move through the state and the company expects additional,...
Sep 9, 2017
- FPL expects millions of customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize safety preparations and prepare for widespread and prolonged power outages, as powerful Hurricane Irma is forecast to make...
Sep 8, 2017
- FPL is anticipating widespread damage throughout the service territory with significant impacts to the most densely populated areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that based upon the current forecast path, intensity and FPL's historical modeling, the company anticipates that approximately 4.1 million...
Sep 7, 2017
- FPL is pre-positioning workers and related equipment in the areas most likely to be hardest hit and working to secure additional resources
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that they have mobilized a restoration workforce of more than 11,000 employees and contractors in preparation for the landfall of Hurricane...
Sep 6, 2017
- FPL continues to closely monitor Irma and has activated its emergency response plan
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is mobilizing thousands of workers and related equipment in preparation for the impact of Hurricane Irma and is urging customers to...
Sep 5, 2017
- FPL is maintaining a 24-hour watch on the storm's path, has activated its storm plan and is mobilizing workers and equipment
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Irma and preparing to respond safely and as quickly as possible should the storm impact its...