Oct 6, 2016
- FPL expects as many as 2.5 million customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing extended outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize their safety preparations and prepare for extended power outages, as Hurricane Matthew is forecast to make landfall near the...
Oct 5, 2016
- FPL anticipates as many as 1.2 million customers could lose power
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize their safety preparations and prepare for potential power outages as Hurricane Matthew continues to approach Florida's east...
Oct 4, 2016
-- FPL is pre-positioning workers and equipment across the state to begin power restoration as soon as it's safe to do so
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that with the approach of Hurricane Matthew, the company continues to make final preparations to restore service safely and as quickly as...
Oct 3, 2016
- FPL has activated its emergency response plan and urges customers to prepare as well
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that given the current projected path of Hurricane Matthew, the company is preparing for the potential of severe weather and related power...
Sep 15, 2016
- Panels to make up three new solar power plants, which will be among the largest in the southeastern U.S. when they enter service later this year
Florida Power & Light Company, which is the largest generator of solar power in Florida, today announced that it has completed the installation of half of the 1 million new solar panels it plans...
Sep 3, 2016
- With service restoration complete, FPL is offering 300 restoration personnel to help sister Florida utilities restore power to their respective customers
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that service restoration is complete for customers who were affected by Hurricane Hermine, in line with its pre-storm commitment to restore...
Sep 2, 2016
- Pre-positioned crews worked through the night to restore power as Hermine's high winds and rain affected more than 96,000 customers throughout FPL's service area; approximately 11,000 remain without power as of 11 a.m.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that as of this morning, it has restored power to more than 85,000 customers affected by Hurricane Hermine. Approximately 11,000 customers...
Sep 1, 2016
Sep 1, 2016 More than 5,000 FPL employees and contract personnel are ready to restore power to affected customers; crews will work in-between bands of severe weather and through the night Based on...
Aug 31, 2016
FPL continues to pre-position employees and contract personnel so they are ready to restore power to affected customers Aug 31, 2016 FPL continues to pre-position employees and contract personnel...
Aug 30, 2016
Aug 30, 2016 FPL has activated its emergency response plan, and is working with other utilities and electrical contracting companies to secure additional workers, should this become necessary...