Sep 13, 2017
- Restoration operation now counts more than 21,500 personnel
As of 8 p.m., Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is reporting that electric service has been restored to more than 2.7 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in the first 48 hours since the...
Sep 11, 2017
- In total, FPL estimates more than 5 million outages from Irma, which includes customers who may have experienced more than one outage
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has launched a massive effort to restore power to the approximately 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma, some of whom may have experienced multiple...
Sep 10, 2017
- FPL cautions its customers that full restoration efforts will not begin until tomorrow given Irma's movement has slowed considerably; as a result, customers should plan for significantly prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has already restored power to hundreds of thousands of customers as Hurricane Irma continues to move through the state and the company expects additional,...
Sep 9, 2017
- FPL expects millions of customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize safety preparations and prepare for widespread and prolonged power outages, as powerful Hurricane Irma is forecast to make...
Sep 8, 2017
- FPL is anticipating widespread damage throughout the service territory with significant impacts to the most densely populated areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that based upon the current forecast path, intensity and FPL's historical modeling, the company anticipates that approximately 4.1 million...
Sep 7, 2017
- FPL is pre-positioning workers and related equipment in the areas most likely to be hardest hit and working to secure additional resources
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that they have mobilized a restoration workforce of more than 11,000 employees and contractors in preparation for the landfall of Hurricane...
Sep 6, 2017
- FPL continues to closely monitor Irma and has activated its emergency response plan
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is mobilizing thousands of workers and related equipment in preparation for the impact of Hurricane Irma and is urging customers to...
Sep 5, 2017
- FPL is maintaining a 24-hour watch on the storm's path, has activated its storm plan and is mobilizing workers and equipment
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Irma and preparing to respond safely and as quickly as possible should the storm impact its...
Jul 24, 2017
Continued dedication to protecting the environment results in highest industry honor for second time in company history
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it has been recognized by the Southeastern Electric Exchange (SEE) with its Chairman's Award for the company's response to numerous...
Jul 10, 2017
-- Three new universal solar energy centers in Indian River and St. Lucie counties will cost-effectively generate clean, emissions-free energy for customers starting early next year
Florida Power & Light Company today installed the first of nearly 1 million new solar panels along the Treasure Coast at the future FPL Blue Cypress Solar Energy Center in Indian River County. The...