Sep 15, 2017
- After completing a full assessment of FPL's 74,000 miles of power lines and 601 substations, estimated times to restore have been further refined
Thousands of restoration personnel continue working around the clock to restore the remaining customers of Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) without power due to Hurricane Irma. With most major...
Sep 15, 2017
- Power restored to more than 77 percent of customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL)'s massive restoration army of more than 22,000 personnel continues working around the clock to restore power to the remaining 23 percent of customers impacted...
Sep 14, 2017
- All 6,897 miles of transmission lines and all 601 substations are back in service
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that power has been restored to more than 97 percent of high-priority critical infrastructure facilities in the company's service area,...
Sep 14, 2017
- More than 21,500 personnel diligently working to restore 1.4 million remaining without power
In the early morning hours today, the massive restoration operation across Florida Power & Light Company's 35-county service area in response to Hurricane Irma surpassed 3 million customers...
Sep 13, 2017
- Restoration operation now counts more than 21,500 personnel
As of 8 p.m., Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) is reporting that electric service has been restored to more than 2.7 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma in the first 48 hours since the...
Sep 11, 2017
- In total, FPL estimates more than 5 million outages from Irma, which includes customers who may have experienced more than one outage
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has launched a massive effort to restore power to the approximately 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma, some of whom may have experienced multiple...
Sep 10, 2017
- FPL cautions its customers that full restoration efforts will not begin until tomorrow given Irma's movement has slowed considerably; as a result, customers should plan for significantly prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has already restored power to hundreds of thousands of customers as Hurricane Irma continues to move through the state and the company expects additional,...
Sep 9, 2017
- FPL expects millions of customers could lose power, with some areas experiencing prolonged outages
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today urged customers to finalize safety preparations and prepare for widespread and prolonged power outages, as powerful Hurricane Irma is forecast to make...
Sep 8, 2017
- FPL is anticipating widespread damage throughout the service territory with significant impacts to the most densely populated areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that based upon the current forecast path, intensity and FPL's historical modeling, the company anticipates that approximately 4.1 million...
Sep 7, 2017
- FPL is pre-positioning workers and related equipment in the areas most likely to be hardest hit and working to secure additional resources
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that they have mobilized a restoration workforce of more than 11,000 employees and contractors in preparation for the landfall of Hurricane...