Nov 13, 2017
- One thousand poles moved from North Florida to Port Canaveral for shipment to San Juan.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it mobilized and transported 1,000 power line poles, previously located in North Florida, to Port Canaveral and then to Puerto Rico to...
Nov 9, 2017
With less than a week before the Sunshine State heralds the season that brings Florida's favorite marine mammal migrating through state waterways, Manatee Lagoon – An FPL Eco-Discovery Center™...
Oct 31, 2017
More than 300 FPL employees and contractors traveling to Maine and Connecticut
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 300 of its employees and contractors are traveling to New England to help restore power in areas impacted by Sunday night's damaging...
Oct 19, 2017
- So far this year, FPL has added more than 1.25 million solar panels across eight new plants under construction
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced it has installed more than half of the 2.5 million solar panels that will comprise eight new solar power plants powering its customers by early...
Sep 22, 2017
- FPL thanks its customers for their patience and understanding
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that service has been restored to essentially all of its 4.4 million customers who were impacted by Hurricane Irma 10 days after the massive...
Sep 20, 2017
- FPL restores service to more than 99 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) tonight announced that more than 11,000 workers continue restoring service in the hardest-hit areas of Southwest Florida. The company has restored service to...
Sep 19, 2017
- Crews remain focused on restoring individual outages that require additional attention and extensive manual labor
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to nearly all of its 4.4 million customers, or nearly 99 percent, impacted by Hurricane Irma. "As we have said from the...
Sep 18, 2017
- Crews working on neighborhoods in hardest-hit areas and individual homes
As of this evening, Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) has restored service to more than 4.3 million customers, or more than 97 percent of the 4.4 million customers impacted by Hurricane Irma....
Sep 17, 2017
- FPL on track to have majority of eastern counties at least 95 percent restored tonight
Florida Power & Light Company continues aggressively working to restore power to the remaining customers who are still without power as a result of Hurricane Irma. The company has restored power...
Sep 16, 2017
- Palm Beach, Indian River, Martin, St. Lucie and Union counties are 95 percent or higher restored; Duval, Hardee, Orange and Osceola counties are 100 percent restored
Florida Power & Light Company is working aggressively to restore power to the remaining customers affected by Hurricane Irma, and as of this evening, fewer than 500,000 people remain without...