Apr 19, 2018
− Cutting-edge technology and innovative design ensures reliable power for thousands of customers in downtown Miami; new facility supports area's continued growth
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today unveiled its new Brickell Substation, the largest enclosed substation in FPL's 27,000-square-mile service area, which will enhance the reliability of the...
Apr 3, 2018
- More than 120 return home after helping restore power to fellow American citizens in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria and Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced the homecoming of more than 120 company lineworkers, management and support staff following a three-month mutual assistance deployment to Puerto...
Mar 30, 2018
Two global solar energy leaders, U.S.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) and China-based JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS), today announced one of the largest solar panel supply deals...
Mar 22, 2018
-Day-to-day, the average amount of time a customer experienced an outage was less than ever before
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continue to pay dividends for its nearly 5 million customers, ranking it among the best...
Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...
Mar 1, 2018
-FPL's latest solar investments began powering its customers today, bringing the total number of FPL solar power plants in operation across Florida to 14
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest milestone in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the opening of its four newest solar power plants. At...
Feb 27, 2018
- FPL's typical 1,000-kWh residential customer bill will decrease by $3.35 a month as the company's rates continue to be significantly lower than they were more than a decade ago
Florida Power & Light Company customers will see a decrease in their rates beginning March 1, saving a typical 1,000-kWh residential customer $3.35 a month compared with current rates. The latest...
Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...