Jul 31, 2018
- Another 1.2 million solar panels will begin serving FPL customers by early 2019
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the start of construction of its four newest solar power plants, continuing to build on the success of its affordable clean energy strategy that has...
Jul 10, 2018
- FPL to issue customer bill credits during the month of August totaling approximately $28 million - Refund equates to about $3 per 1,000 kWh for residential customers; refunds will also be issued...
Jun 7, 2018
The company also received an award for its restoration efforts after a nor'easter and Tropical Storm Philippe impacted Maine in October 2017
The Edison Electric Institute (EEI) presented Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) with the association's special "2018 Emergency Assistance Award for Puerto Rico Power Restoration" for its...
Jun 5, 2018
- FPL and the City working toward completing the purchase on Oct. 1, 2018
The Florida Public Service Commission today approved Florida Power & Light Company's proposed purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility, marking the final step in a nearly decade-long...
May 3, 2018
Company highlights state-of-the-art technology and lessons learned from 2017; urges customers to plan ahead for upcoming hurricane season
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today tested the response of more than 3,000 employees to a hypothetical storm with similar characteristics to that of Hurricane Wilma, which struck the state...
Apr 19, 2018
− Cutting-edge technology and innovative design ensures reliable power for thousands of customers in downtown Miami; new facility supports area's continued growth
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today unveiled its new Brickell Substation, the largest enclosed substation in FPL's 27,000-square-mile service area, which will enhance the reliability of the...
Apr 3, 2018
- More than 120 return home after helping restore power to fellow American citizens in the aftermath of Hurricanes Maria and Irma
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced the homecoming of more than 120 company lineworkers, management and support staff following a three-month mutual assistance deployment to Puerto...
Mar 30, 2018
Two global solar energy leaders, U.S.-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) and China-based JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS), today announced one of the largest solar panel supply deals...
Mar 22, 2018
-Day-to-day, the average amount of time a customer experienced an outage was less than ever before
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that its ongoing efforts to improve service reliability continue to pay dividends for its nearly 5 million customers, ranking it among the best...
Mar 2, 2018
- FPL to build four new solar energy centers across Florida by mid-2019, adding to its fleet of 14 solar plants currently in operation
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the names and locations of four new solar power plants expected to begin powering customers by mid-2019. The newly announced solar sites are: FPL...