Feb 9, 2018
- Cutting-edge battery technology captures surplus energy generated by solar panels when sun's rays are strongest
Florida Power & Light Company today unveiled a new, cutting-edge solar-plus-storage system that is believed to be the first in the country to fully integrate battery technology with a major solar...
Jan 16, 2018
- Because of federal tax savings beginning in 2018, FPL will not need to raise rates to pay for the unprecedented Hurricane Irma restoration - saving each of FPL's 4.9 million customers an average of $250
Florida Power & Light Company today announced that customers will not pay a surcharge for Hurricane Irma restoration as previously expected. Instead, FPL plans to apply federal tax savings toward...
Jan 8, 2018
- 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff departed today from Florida, joining a new wave of support from energy companies across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 additional company lineworkers and support staff deployed to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria's...
Jan 8, 2018
- Four new solar power plants began powering FPL customers on Jan. 1, and four more new solar plants on track to enter service by March 1
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the latest major milestones in its ongoing strategy of advancing clean energy affordably for customers: the retirement of one of Florida's largest...
Dec 28, 2017
− 140 FPL lineworkers and support staff will travel to the island in early January, joining a new wave of support from other investor-owned electric utilities from across the U.S.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced 140 company lineworkers and support staff will travel to Puerto Rico to help restore power to areas impacted by Hurricane Maria. Hundreds of...
Dec 11, 2017
- FPL providing one of seven Incident Management Teams from across the U.S. electric power industry to assist with ensuring coordinated and balanced restoration across Puerto Rico
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that a 10-person team of restoration experts traveled to Puerto Rico this past weekend to support ongoing restoration efforts across the...
Nov 30, 2017
Continued investments to build a stronger and smarter energy grid lead to recognition for reliability excellence and innovation
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) was named the winner of the 2017 ReliabilityOne™ Award for Outstanding Reliability Performance in the Southeast U.S. by PA Consulting Group, Inc. This is the...
Nov 16, 2017
- FPL one of only two companies to receive the distinguished AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that the company has been awarded the prestigious AEIC Achievement Award from the Association of Edison Illuminating Companies (AEIC) for a...
Nov 15, 2017
-This new partnership aims to transform thousands of acres of solar-generating property into thriving sanctuaries with dedicated conservation areas
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) and Audubon Florida today announced an innovative new partnership to enhance FPL's solar power plant sites with unprecedented environmental stewardship,...
Nov 13, 2017
- One thousand poles moved from North Florida to Port Canaveral for shipment to San Juan.
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it mobilized and transported 1,000 power line poles, previously located in North Florida, to Port Canaveral and then to Puerto Rico to...