Mar 28, 2019
- Innovative modernization plan will replace a pair of aging natural gas power generating units with clean and renewable energy, saving FPL customers more than $100 million while eliminating more than 1 million tons of carbon dioxide emissions
Florida Power & Light Company, one of the nation's cleanest energy companies, today announced a plan to build the world's largest solar-powered battery system – four times the capacity of the...
Mar 13, 2019
- FPL SolarTogether, subject to approval by the Florida Public Service Commission, would allow customers to directly support the expansion of solar energy in Florida and receive credit on their bills for the savings generated
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today filed a proposal with the Florida Public Service Commission (PSC) for a new community solar program that would offer FPL customers the opportunity to...
Mar 4, 2019
- Installation of more than 1 million solar panels included as part of FPL's plan to add 30 million more solar panels by 2030
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced plans to build four new solar power plants this year that are expected to begin powering customers in early 2020: FPL Okeechobee Solar Energy...
Jan 31, 2019
- New solar power plants in North, Central and South Florida begin powering FPL customers today, for a total of 18 FPL solar power plants in commercial operation across Florida
Florida Power & Light Company today announced the start of operations at its four newest solar power plants, building on the company's successful strategy of advancing affordable clean energy –...
Jan 28, 2019
- FPL has 18 solar power plants in operation or nearly complete - and recently announced plans to add more than 30 million solar panels across more than 100 new solar plants by 2030
Florida Power & Light Company's solar power plants achieved a major new milestone – generating more than 1,000 megawatts of energy from the sun. FPL has 14 solar plants in commercial operation...
Jan 16, 2019
-- FPL is leveraging its leadership position in clean energy to become America's largest producer of solar energy among electric companies and further advance affordable, clean and reliable energy for all Floridians
Florida Power & Light Company (FPL), already a leader in solar energy, today announced a groundbreaking "30-by-30" plan to install more than 30 million solar panels by 2030 and make the state of...
Dec 17, 2018
- FPL's purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric system completed today
Florida Power & Light Company today welcomed approximately 35,000 new customers as it completed the purchase of the City of Vero Beach's electric utility. Following nearly a decade of work, the...
Oct 11, 2018
Team of more than 1,000 FPL employees and contractors to help restore power and assist with search and rescue
Oct 11, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company today announced that more than 1,000 of its employees and contractors will help restore power to communities in Florida, Georgia and...
Oct 9, 2018
FPL is pre-positioning over 1,350 employees and contractors, who will be ready to restore power to affected customers
Oct 9, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company (FPL) today announced that it is ready to respond safely and as quickly as possible should Hurricane Michael impact its customers...
Sep 24, 2018
Sep 24, 2018 JUNO BEACH, Fla. – Florida Power & Light Company crews recently returned to Florida after restoring power to thousands of energy customers that were impacted by Hurricane Florence....